Check when your MOT is due
Primarily a visual inspection one of our qualified technicians will take a good look around your vehicle with particular focus on the safety and emissions features of your vehicle. In the event that your vehicle fails its MOT we can provide all the necessary repairs to get it through a retest. As well as this, we can advise on any minor issues that will need your attention in the future.
What is the MOT Test?
In the UK all vehicles over three years old that are used on the roads must undergo an MOT Test. This is an annual test of a vehicle’s safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions. Not having a valid MOT certificate may result in a £1000 Fine!
During an MOT Test the examiner will check many areas of the vehicle, including bodywork, emissions and safety features. A few of the items that are checked are shown below:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment:
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
For any questions regarding your MOT call your local experts in Basford today on 0115 970 5719 or send us a message using our contact form.